Will you be at Viva Vienna 2014? Well, Rudy’s Friends sure hopes so. We will definitely be there along with hundreds of other vendors and thousands of people! Come by and see us at booth 54.
Whether you are going to Viva Vienna or not, we wanted everyone to know that Rudy’s Friends Dog Training Inc. will be having a digital photo contest. There will be two winners; 1 for dogs under 6 months and 1 for dogs older than 6 months.
Winners will receive a 1 hour private dog training session and will be announced by May 30th. Contestants will visit http://rudysfriendsdogtraining.com to see the announced winner and claim your prize.
Photo Contest Rules, Terms, and Conditions
The Digital Photo Contest (the “Contest”) is open to ALL photographers at least 18 years of age, except employees of Rudys Friends Dog Training Inc. and the immediate families of such employees. The contest is open to all participants regardless of residence or citizenship, so long as the laws of their jurisdiction allow participation.
We are looking for digital images to celebrate dogs and their connection to behavior. Your images should highlight the fun companionship that dogs bring to our lives, including:
- pictures of dogs in public,
- dogs on family trips or outings,
- dogs connecting with humans in some way,
- funny photos of dogs behaving badly (or, if they have been through training, behaving well).
- something creative you’ve done with your dog.
They can really be anything you want, but we want to capture the diversity of dog breeds and behaviors!
How to Enter
If you would like to enter, follow these steps:
- Snap a photo of your dog on your iPhone or Android.
- Using Instagram, upload your photo to your account.
- Edit your photo using Instagram’s editing tools and crop it to make it look nice.
- On the last page, in your caption, simply type @rudysfriendsdogtraining with the hashtags #dogtraining and #vivavienna.
- Type any other captions you would like!
- Tap the Share Button.
Instagram is a free app available for iPhone, Android, and on some Windows phones; although Instagram only officially supports iPhone and Android. Learn more about Instagram at https://help.instagram.com/.
Eligibility and Judging
To ensure eligibility for the contest all entries must be posted correctly onto an Instagram account. We are not judging photos based upon resolution, or specific sizes; however, Instagram uses a very specific width and height that you must follow. Photos not captioned with @rudysfriendsdogtraining and #rudysfriendspics will not be considered officially entered. It is up to each individual contestant to learn how to use Instagram to post the photo and to obtain the necessary equipment and app in order to upload their photo.
Entries may originate in any format — including, but not limited to digital files, digital prints, color transparencies, color prints, or black and white prints — so long as they are submitted electronically via Instagram.
Images will be judged on originality, overall impact and artistic merit. The judges are four staff members at Rudy’s Friends Dog Training Inc and these four judges determine winner eligibility in its sole and absolute discretion. All decisions made by the judges are final.
Deadline and Winners
Entry deadlines are May 29th, 2014 at the end of the day.
Winners will be judged and announced May 30, 2014 and posted to Rudy’s Friends Dog Training Inc. website. It is up to the contestant to check whether they won. Rudy’s Friends Dog Training Inc. reserves the right to adjust any deadline(s) as the result of causes beyond its immediate control.
Winners receiving private training sessions will be held at a mutually agreed upon date and time; however, the location of the training session is at the sole discretion of Rudy’s Friends Dog Training Inc.
The judging panel will select 2 photos to be eligible for a prize. We will also have 3 honorable mentions. Two winners will receive a free 1 hour, individual dog training session from Rudy’s Friends Dog Training Inc., free of charge! This is a $100.00 value! Two $100.00 prizes will be available and cannot be converted to cash.
Your photographs will help Rudy’s Friends Dog Training in promoting the use of positive motivational training for dogs, and we thank you for helping to further our dog training philosophy and techniques through your photography.
You will retain rights to any photograph you submit — including ownership if applicable. You only grant Rudy’s Friends Dog Training Inc. rights (as described below) to your photograph if you are honored by the competition as an honorable mention, or two prize winners.
Posting your photo to Instagram with the captions indicated above grants Rudy’s Friends Dog Training Inc. a royalty-free, exclusive right, in perpetuity, to:
- Use the photograph on the Internet in support of our mission.
- Use the photograph in Rudy’s Friends non-commercial communications.
- Provide your photograph to other individuals and organizations for non-commercial use, Rudy’s Friends use in news stories, newsletters, reports, slide shows, displays, web pages, and the like.
- Use, in connection with the Photo Contest, your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications.
- Keep the files provided, and to archive the images on CD or in other electronic forms, so that your photos can be used to support our dog training phillsophy and be properly credited.
Even though we will retain exclusive rights of your photo, Rudy’s Friends Dog Training Inc. may credit all photographs with the caption “© Person’s Instagram user Name” when available.
Questions and inquiries about contest rules can be emailed to email@example.com.